Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... CASTOR OIL - THICKER HAIR/ EYEBROWS & LONGER LASHES - F A R A H | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Friday, 5 December 2014

CASTOR OIL - THICKER HAIR/ EYEBROWS & LONGER LASHES

I first came across castor as a remedy for regrowing thin eyebrows, as I previously used to get those days where I would accidentally over-pluck. Never a good look. 

castor oil for hair growth

I read about castor oil as a remedy for thickening brows and hair regrowth. So I thought I would give it a go. I purchased an organic, cold pressed castor oil, so it was at its most natural form. 

So the question on many people's mind is does castor oil work? The answer is YES.

I began applying the oil to my brows every night after my cleansing and moisturising routine. I also added a little to my eyelashes. After around 2-3 weeks I noticed considerable growth and thickening of both my eyebrows and lashes and continue to use the oil every night to this day. And now use it on my head hair after showering.

I have heard about so many people that have benefited from the oil. So why does castor oil help with thickness and regrowth of hair? Castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid. This acid acts as a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent, helping to combat fungus or bacteria inhibiting hair growth. Castor oil also contains omega 9 fatty acids, penetrating deeply and nourishing both the follicles and hair. Whilst also adding shine and softness. 

How to use?
A little certainly goes a long way. I only apply castor oil after washing my hair. Due to the consistency of the oil being very thick, I mix it with an essential oil in the palm of my hands before directly massaging all over my scalp. My favourite essential oil is almond oil - however there are many others available. I also apply a little oil on my ends and lengths (remember to use only a little), and then I comb my hair through with a wide toothed comb. This is a very IMPORTANT step, if you do not comb the oil through your hair will look greasy when dry. 

Another use for castor oil is applying castor oil to the eyelashes to help thicken and strengthen them, whilst helping to prevent thinning and shedding. An essential oil is not needed for this step, but be sure to apply the oil close to the roots of both your brow and lash hair. And remember to do this daily, be persistent. Farah Dhukai has also created a vlog on how castor oil can help with the growth of your lashes, so be sure to check that out - Farah Dhukai - Castor Oil. I also like to apply castor oil as a base before applying mascara to protect them and also add some extra moisture. 


Also try applying castor oil to your lips before going to bed and you will awaken with natural plump lips :)


4 comments:

  1. will be trying this, my eyebrows are so patchy at the minute. looking forward to seeing if this works for me. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defintely give it a go. Its my favourite oil ever :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post!! I'm definitely going to have to try this oil out for my eyebrows as they're so light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes it should help them darken just be sure to apply every night :)

      Delete