Home Decor and interior design has always been a passion of mine, and canvas art can be one of those personal touches that can transform the look of your home in a simplistic way. As many of you may be aware canvas art can be pricey - this was a major turn off for me personally. The fact is they are so simple and easy to make, so why pay the high end prices when you can create the look for less yourself?
Want to know how? look no further.
So I started of with a little trip to B&Q where I purchased some wood battons. I also asked for some wallpaper samples - this would be the art for my canvas (cheeky I know) but if it's free why not.
I started off by sawing the wood batton into 4 pieces - cutting the ends at an angle to make the frame. I then used my glue gun to stick the 4 pieces together and used a staple gun for extra measures, we don't want it falling apart now do we.
Now that we have the frame lets move on to the canvas art itself. From the wallpaper sample I collected I then cut a piece to the correct size, making it slightly bigger than the canvas frame itself to ensure the sides of the frame are covered.
The next step is to place the wallpaper upside down on the floor and place your wood frame over the top. I find this is the easiest way to enable to the wallpaper to be as tight as possible. I then cut small slits at the corners to allow a cleaner finish before glueing down.
On to the last step we're nearly there. Get your glue gun and place a thin line of glue along the sides of the frame and seal down the wallpaper. And we're DONE, here are some of the ones I created.
The next step is to place the wallpaper upside down on the floor and place your wood frame over the top. I find this is the easiest way to enable to the wallpaper to be as tight as possible. I then cut small slits at the corners to allow a cleaner finish before glueing down.
On to the last step we're nearly there. Get your glue gun and place a thin line of glue along the sides of the frame and seal down the wallpaper. And we're DONE, here are some of the ones I created.
|Youtube|Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Tumblr|Pinterest|Bloglovin|
I'm the worst at DIY but I'm going to try this!!
ReplyDeletewww.flipflopsandfurs.com
Take your time with it :) im sure it will turn out amazing x
DeleteIt makes neat wall decor, and its cheap! I wouldn't exactly call it art, but then again, I guess if Duschamp's fountain can be called art, then so can wall paper!
ReplyDelete