I have seen a lot of people jumping to buy the Cocowhite product which has approached the market recently, with many celebrities promoting the product. Every magazine I have seen seems to be talking about it. If you have not heard of the product yet it is used for oil pulling. Oil pulling is a technique used to whiten teeth and reduce bacteria. It is basically a detox for your mouth. Although there has been a recent hype around oil pulling - you may not know this but it dates back to 2500 years ago and is an ancient tradition.
Image: Cocowhite
So how does it work? That is a good question.
All you do is take a big tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth - sounds easy right? By doing so it increases saliva production and the toxins get trapped in the oil. The oil can also help to remove plaque and brighten and whiten your teeth. Not only that it is healthy for your gums.
I had never heard about oil pulling until one of my friends mentioned it to me and now I regularly do this with my jar of coconut oil. As my current readers probably know I am a fan of all things natural and am always seeking to find natural remedies. If you have read my blog post on coconut oil previously you will already know how much I love the stuff I use it for so many things including, moisturising and as a hair treatment - if you want to read my previous post CLICK HERE.
HOW TO:
I scoop a big tablespoon of oil out of that jar. The oil is solid at first but soon liquidises after being swished around your mouth for a few seconds. I have heard some say it is quite unusual but I don't mind it at all. But one thing to remember is NOT TO SWALLOW the coconut oil you don't want to be swallowing the toxins you are trying to get rid of. Do this for around 20 - 30 mins on a regular basis to reap the benefits.
DOES IT WORK:
Well this is of course the most important factor and I have to say it DOES work. Oil pulling definitely brightens your smile and smooths out your teeth, leaving them feeling refreshed, with that dentist clean feeling.
So in all honesty my advice to you would be to save the pennies. Rather than wasting your money on an overpriced product such as, Cocowhite - use the real thing and go get yourselves a jar of raw coconut oil.
Another great factor is that coconut oil is a multi-purpose product so it definitely won't be wasted.
Another great factor is that coconut oil is a multi-purpose product so it definitely won't be wasted.
Let me know your thoughts, have you tried oil pulling? drop me a comment below I would love to hear from you :)
|Youtube|Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Tumblr|Pinterest|Bloglovin|



Oil pulling is such an interesting topic! My husband and I use coconut oil for almost everything ... topical to internal. We even have a coconut oil/baking soda tooth paste. (Not very tasty, but it works wonders without other nasty chemicals!)
ReplyDelete-Anastasia Ivy
http://ivyoverjoyed.blogspot.com/
It does work wonders though, love a natural multi purpose product. I actually quite like the taste lol.
DeleteNever heard of oil pulling before, but it sounds like something I really need to try. Anything for a brighter smile!
ReplyDeleteYou should definately try it. I will be posting my favourite teeth whitener soon too. I use it every few months and do the oil pulling now and again :)
ReplyDeleteOil pulling is something I've been meaning to try, but keep putting it off. I look forward to hearing about your teeth whitener, with all the coffee I drink I'll probably want to use that tip!
ReplyDeleteIt will be up within the next week or so keep your eyes peeled :) but definately try the oil pulling works wonders xx
DeleteHi Vicki, I thought you may like to take a look at my teeth whitening post, a few people requested this and have finally got around to writing it :) http://www.farahkali.com/2015/03/best-teeth-whitening-product.html
DeleteA beautiful smile reflects your style.So the tips could be the great for many people.
ReplyDelete