Indian healing clay is made up of bentonite clay - so what makes it so special?
WHAT IS BETONITE CLAY?
The clay claims to be "the worlds most powerful facial", which I can not disagree with. It is perfect for drawing out impurities and I swear by it. And great for those days where I have broken out and want my skin to clear up fast. It detoxifies and draws out all the bad stuff that is in your skin, and can absorb up to 180 times of its own weight. It also has many other uses and can be used as a foot treatment, for insect bites and as a body wrap.
FEEL YOUR FACE PULSATE
The Aztec Secret label states that it will make your face pulsate, it is weird but it actually does. While the clay is drying, it tightens and pulls like any other face mask but in a way that there is a tingling sensation - you can actually feel the clay pulling out impurities. When taking of the clay it feels like a layer of skin has been taken off - sounds scary but I mean in a good way. In a way that your skin will feel cleansed, refreshed and renewed.
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar also known as ACV is an effective treatment for pimples and acne - making the skin look younger and firmer. It is an effective anti fungal treatment that is great at unblocking pores so that our skin can breathe properly and is full of natural goodness and anti-oxidents. ACV also helps to create a protective layer preventing skin from becoming to dry and restoring PH levels in your skin.
Be sure to use the right apple cider vinegar with "the mother" so it is at it's most natural form. Here is mine:
Be sure to use the right apple cider vinegar with "the mother" so it is at it's most natural form. Here is mine:
HOW TO USE BENTONITE CLAY?
If you search online you can find many recipes for bentonite clay. The recipe I choose to use is 1/2tsp of indian healing clay with equal parts apple cider vinegar and a little bit of water to thin the mixture out. One thing I must warn you of is the apple cider vinegar absolutely stinks - I do not mean to put you of though, the benefits are well worth it.
But other recipes can be found here: Aztec Secret
It is best to use a plastic bowl and spoon to make the mixture and would suggest leaving for about 10-20 minutes depending on how delicate your skin is. I tend to leave it for about 15 minutes.
But other recipes can be found here: Aztec Secret
It is best to use a plastic bowl and spoon to make the mixture and would suggest leaving for about 10-20 minutes depending on how delicate your skin is. I tend to leave it for about 15 minutes.
When removing the clay I suggest patting your face to soften the mask rather than wiping as this can hurt. Do this with warm water until you have removed the clay. You may see slight redness afterwards - this is completely normal so do not worry, it will disappear after around 30 minutes. Personally, I have never had redness after using the facial but may happen with some. Perhaps this is because I wash mine off in the shower as I find it comes of much easier and quicker.
Both items can be find online at Amazon and Ebay for very little.
Both items can be find online at Amazon and Ebay for very little.
You know what is even better?
The clay is free from additives and fragrances and there is no animal testing. The recipe is completely natural.
Be sure to moisturise afterwards though, in order to add moisture and softness.
No comments:
Post a Comment