Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... COCONUT OIL - THE SUPER BEAUTY INGREDIENT - F A R A H | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

COCONUT OIL - THE SUPER BEAUTY INGREDIENT

I can honestly say that coconut oil is a true super ingredient. Free of chemicals, 100% natural, with many uses. I use coconut oil on a daily basis for my skin and hair, it can also be use for cooking which I have not yet tried. But today I am going to share with you the three main ways that I incorporate coconut oil into my life:


Uses for coconut oil


1. Facial and Body Moisturiser
All you need to do is rub a little coconut oil between your hands and it is clear to how smooth and moisturising it feels. Not to mention it smells amazing. In comparison to store purchase moisturisers it has a much higher level of hydration, penetrating deep layers of the skin, whilst removing any dead skin cells and dry skin flakes.Therefore making it perfect for dry dehydrated skin. Whilst also having the ability to act as an anti ageing ingredient, fade scars and stretch marks and also even out skin tones, (NCN Skincare). As well as using coconut oil on my body I use it as a facial moisturiser and apply some to my lips, lashes and under my eyes, before I go to sleep as an extra daily pick me up. Coconut oil is in fact very moisturising for your lashes and can aid in lash growth.

2. Hair Treatment
As well as coconut oil being great for your skin, it also works wonders for your hair. I naturally have dry hair, so moisturising my hair to get silky locks is a must. Before showering I simply apply coconut oil all over my hair massaging into the scalp in circular motions and also applying right down to the tips. I leave for around 30-60 mins and then wash my hair as normal. It can also be used as an overnight treatment be sure to wear a shower cap and be careful of staining your pillowcases and bedsheets by placing a towel where you sleep.

3. Makeup Remover

Another favourite use of coconut oil is using the oil as a make up remover. It gently removes make up without the damaging effects of harsh chemicals. And is perfect for removing the toughest of mascaras, all you need is a cotton pad and a little coconut oil. I tend to apply the coconut oil all over my face in circular motions. To remove eye make up I hold my hand over my eyes in order to let my lashes soak up the oil. I gently wipe down removing any mascara from my lashes. As a final step I then use a cotton pad to remove make up from all over my face.

Tip: Always buy pure coconut oil and NEVER microwave to ensure the oil stays at its most natural form. To liquidate coconut oil simply place the jar in hot water on a low heat and leave to melt OR simply rub between your hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment