I am sorry that I have not posted in a while I have been super busy lately and am quite ill at the moment :( However, I will be going back to uploading weekly posts as I have a lot more to share with you all.
Today's post is about two medium to full coverage pressed powder foundations. That will give you that flawless finish without feeling heavy on the skin. I tend to use a powder or BB cream rather than a liquid foundation on a daily basis for work etc, as I don't want to feel like I am wearing a tonne of make-up. I like to keep it looking quite natural.
I am a fan of the Mac Studio Fix powder in shade NC40. I love the coverage and the colour. Recently I found out that this powder causes 'SOME' people to breakout. I am not sure why. It could be the reason that talc is included in the ingredients, which is known to clog pores. However, on the other hand doesn't all make up clog up your skin to a certain extent? Hence why I like to go a few days make up free to enable my skin to breathe. Other than that this is the PERFECT powder and lets just say I am very picky with my make up products. So lets draw out a list of the positive and negative aspects to this foundation:
Positives:
- Great coverage
- Feels very light on the skin
- Skin looks brighter
- Does not dry out my skin (I have combination skin)
- Great at absorbs excess oils - preventing a shiny face
- Great at absorbs excess oils - preventing a shiny face
Negatives:
- Is known to break 'SOME' people out (I have sensitive and acne prone skin, but this has not been an issue for me)
Lets move on to the next pressed powder foundation which I wish to review....
Recently I have come across an alternative powder which has some great reviews and I wanted to try it out. Bare Minerals was a brand that I had heard about before but had never tried their products I read up about the product, read about the benefits of mineral make up and looked at lots of reviews. I always love reading reviews before purchasing products as I hate wasting money on products that are no good.
At first I was slightly hesitant as many had said the powder breaks easily and crumbles. However, there were so many good reviews too. I decided to give it a go anyway. I went in to store and had my shade matched and took in my Mac Powder to find a similar shade. I tend to hate colour matching as advisor's seem to always match me to the wrong colours. However, I am sure there are some good beauty advisor's out there - I used to be one ;). I ended up purchasing the shade R250 also known as medium beige, it is a perfect match and brightens up my face giving me a healthy glow.
But wait lets talk about the positives and the negatives for the Bare Minerals Foundation:
- Mineral make up enables the skin to breathe
- Great coverage (although it claims to last for 12 hours I do not think it does but I don't think any powder would last that long)
- Feels very light on the skin
- Skin looks smooth and fresh
- Does not dry out my skin (I have combination skin)
- Perfect colour (Available in 20 shades)
- It has SPF 20 (helping to protect the skin)
Negatives:
- The powder crumbles slightly but not extensively
- The case gets dirty easily which kind of annoys me
Although there are a couple of negatives these are not huge concerns and are quite minor. However, it is clear to see that the positives heavily outweigh the negatives.
All in all this is definitely a great foundation. I am not really sure at the moment which foundation I prefer. But I will be sure to keep you posted on this.
Do you have a favourite powder? If so let me know, I would love to hear from you.
|Youtube|Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Tumblr|Pinterest|Bloglovin|





No comments:
Post a Comment